Education Outreach Coordinator
Cardinal Institute for West Virginia Policy
The Cardinal Institute for West Virginia Policy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization dedicated to building what it likes to call the “West Virginia Miracle.” The Cardinal Institute does this by researching, developing, and popularizing free-market public policies that it feels stand the best chance of moving West Virginia forward in a positive direction.
About the Role
An entrepreneurial, purpose-driven, and most importantly, impactful organization, the Cardinal Institute values self-starters, entrepreneurs, and those comfortable with creating value in an ever-evolving environment. The Coordinator will be tasked with ensuring that new opportunities in West Virginia, especially around the Hope Scholarship Program, the nation’s most expansive private school choice program, and other education choice opportunities are successful through stakeholder management, database management, and events coordination. This person will report to the Communications Director. The role is located in West Virginia.
This position is suited for an individual with 1-4 years of professional experience who has an interest in cultivating relationships, meeting new people, and advancing liberty in education reform. Job duties include:
- Stakeholder Stewardship: Ensure parents, the general public, private associations, coalition members, educators, et al., are informed about West Virginia’s transformative Hope Scholarship Program and any other new education choice opportunities that may arise.
- Database management: Data entry and management of SalesForce database of education vendors, parental associations, parents, teachers, and any other education reform stakeholders. Create reports as needed to assist the senior leadership in managing opportunities.
- Meeting & Event Coordination: Assist in planning and execution of education-centric events (breakfast, lunch, dinner, town halls, community forums, etc.), and other meetings. Tasks may include booking facilities, sending meeting reminders, tracking reservations, making calls, attending events, public speaking, media outreach, and conducting necessary follow-ups. Event and outreach related efforts will involve partnering with the Community Engagement Associate occasionally. This person will also work closely with the Communications Director to set up email invitations, Eventbrite events, social media promotional posts, etc. to promote events and attract attendees as needed.
- Special Projects: Opportunities to initiate/conduct special projects periodically, such as assisting with the creation of project proposals, PowerPoint presentations, and collateral material, or assisting in obtaining earned media / publicity for work
- Additionally, the coordinator will be expected to perform routine administrative work as needed.
- 1-4 years of previous employment experience in a professional office setting; internships may be considered experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Outgoing, professional demeanor; a “people person”
- Comfort and ability to execute public speaking
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (Knowledge of database software, such as SalesForce, or graphics software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark, and Canva is a plus.)
- Ability to work independently and think creatively to complete tasks at hand
- An entrepreneurial self-starter
- Can take direction and constructive criticism well
- Team player
- Flexible, can easily pivot if needed, willing to learn and adapt
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college is preferred, but is not required
- Previous experience in sales, non-profit, and/or fundraising experience is a plus
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter should explain how the applicant’s skills, experience, and future goals are applicable directly to this position and how those skills relate to the mission of the Cardinal Institute
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.