Cardinal Institute for West Virginia Policy
(Charleston, WV or Virtual)
About the Organization:
Established in 2014, the Cardinal Institute is an award-winning nonprofit organization, or “think tank,” dedicated to researching, developing, and promoting effective public policies for the Mountain State. Cardinal’s goal is to restore freedom and opportunity across West Virginia by advocating for free-market solutions to West Virginia’s most pressing challenges. We are building the intellectual foundation and network necessary for putting our state on the path to prosperity. Cardinal is an entrepreneurial, fun, freedom-loving organization that’s been making a serious impact since its founding days.
Visit our website to learn more about what we’re about!
About the Role:
“Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, country roads …”
If you’ve ever sung this song at the top of your lungs, then you have a love and connection for West Virginia. Now, it’s time to take the next step!
The Cardinal Institute seeks a communications associate to join its growing team to drive awareness around the Cardinal Institute and its mission of advancing liberty and prosperity for all West Virginians. This is an opportunity to contribute to a statewide conversation on important issues such as Tax and Fiscal Policy, Education Choice, Energy, Rural America’s Issues, Government Ethics/Transparency, as well as other policies consistent with a freer West Virginia. The successful candidate will be supporting Cardinal’s communications director and will be instrumental in achieving Cardinal’s ambitious communications goals for the upcoming year.
Working remotely or here with us in Charleston are possibilities.
- Assist with developing and executing a communications and marketing strategy for the Cardinal Institute including: messaging, materials, digital strategy, and cross-platform promotions
- Metrics Monitoring for Google Ads/Analytics and Social Media
- Assist with traditional media outreach
- Help execute Cardinal’s ambitious “owned audience” goals
- Ensure optimal branding of the Cardinal Institute to a statewide and national audience
- Successful management of Cardinal’s popular weekly newsletter and biweekly podcast, “Forgotten America”
- Partner closely with the communications director in the development and execution of communications campaigns
- Liaison between West Virginia media, stakeholders, and Cardinal Institute
How to apply:
To apply, send your resume, a cover letter, and one writing sample to Amanda Kieffer at [email protected]